Ever wondered why some garbage containers are costlier than others? While most people are content with modestly-priced dustbins, some prefer buying expensive ones.
A quick search on major stores reveals you can get plenty of options for below $100. So, why would someone buy a costly trash receptacle? Read on to find out the various features of these high-cost garbage containers.
What Is the Most Expensive Trash Can?
The topic of how much is too expensive for a trash can is an ongoing debate. In 2009, the news of $15,000 garbage bins broke the internet. Contemporary pop artist and designer, Sylvie Fleury created 25 pieces of limited-edition trash containers.
Made of steel and pressed with 24-karat gold leaf, the luxury trash bin symbolizes fashion, aesthetics, and flamboyance. The controversial work went on sale during the Contemporary Art Sale at Phillips de Pury & Company in New York on May 15th, 2009.
The sales listing showed $13,750 as the final sales price. If you were the buyer, would you throw the trash into the Sylvie Fleury Gold-Plated garbage can that is valued at $10,000 - $15,000? While other trash receptacles haven’t crossed the $10,000 mark, some are priced above average.
Here is a list of other expensive trash cans:
Simplehuman Voice and Motion Sensor 58 Liter Rectangular Stainless Steel
In this era of smart homes, using voice to control appliances has become normal. Simplehuman Rectangular Sensor Can takes this technology further. People can now speak to their garbage can.
This rectangular bin has similar features to the popular Simplehuman Rectangular Step Can, except for the sensor. If you want to avoid footsteps on your waste bin, the sensor bin is ideal.
This trash can features three piezoelectric MEMS (micro-electromechanical system) microphones. These allow it to reject background noise and triangulate sound for accurate voice recognition. The lid will flip open whenever you say “open can.” If you want to keep it open for a long time while you carry out your kitchen tasks, you have to say, “stay open.” This sensor container won’t close until you say “close lid.” But, it will close after 10 minutes of inactivity.
This garbage can is perfect for those looking to keep the germs at bay. Simplehuman has infused its invisible finger-print coating with Agion, an EPA-registered microbial agent. The company states that this agent prevents the growth of fungi, bacteria, mold, and mildew on the stainless steel surface.
- Low noise opening and closing
- Code Q custom-fit liners
- Three microphones triangulate sound for accurate voice accuracy, even in busy environments
- The infrared field senses hand movements above and in front of the can, enabling the can to open automatically
- Liner pocket dispenses liners one by one from the inside of the can for quicker liner change (stores a pack of 20 liners)
- The liner rim secures the liner
- The fingerprint-proof finish prevents stains and keeps the stainless steel surface shiny
- Uses four AA alkaline batteries that last for up to a year
- Antimicrobial infused surface prevents the growth of germs
Ex-Cell Kaiser Venue Collection 33 Gallon Stainless Steel Trash Receptacle
This stainless steel trash can is great for those who prioritize style. It features a perforated hole body to add a contemporary look to your space. With a stainless steel construction and wrap-around rubber base, this 33-gallon receptacle enhances a clean environment while ensuring durability.
Trash management is a breeze with the LLDE liner with openings for easy lifting. This lets you empty the garbage can seamlessly. The black color blends with the fingerprint lid to enhance the aesthetics of your space. It comes with a cable that attaches the lid to the bin so that vandals and thieves can’t access your trash.
- Brushed stainless steel body
- Flat lid with 8-inch garbage opening
- Long-lasting LLDE liner
- The rubber gasket shields floor surfaces from scratches
- The security cable keeps the lid attached to the receptacle and prevents theft and vandalism
- Material is 100% recyclable
Wausau Made Tile Funnel Top 39 Gallon Steel Trash Receptacle
This eye-catching waste bin works in a variety of exterior locations, including hotels, parks, and homes. Its elegant vertical slat design is sure to attract visitors, who can conveniently dispose of the trash in it. Finished with metal armor and protective powder, this trash receptacle can withstand harsh weather conditions and rust, thus maintaining its visual appeal over the years.
- High-grade steel construction
- Rust-resistant and weather-resistant metal-armor coating for a smooth surface
- The security cable protects against theft and vandalism
- Complimentary heavy-duty plastic liner
Witt Industries Monarch Series 24 Gallon Stainless Steel Trash Receptacle
This is another stylish trash can for design-conscious consumers. The sheen of the brushed stainless steel in brass and black colors exudes elegance, thus ensuring your visitors notice it. Another striking feature of this garbage can is its open top that lets you throw the waste without touching the can. Besides the touchless disposal, it comes with a carry handle that simplifies carrying and cleaning. This trash can is perfect for enhancing any space that requires an upscale design.
- The detachable lid allows easy maintenance
- The slip-resistant base protects the floor surface
- The stainless steel material is fire-safe and durable
- Available in elegant brass-plated and black-plated color options
TuffBoxx Broot Animal Resistant 360 Gallon Steel Trash Receptacle
This is the highest-priced garbage container on this list. If you’re looking for an outdoor metal trash receptacle that animals can’t penetrate, the Broot has got you covered. This large trash container with dual-stream features sturdy hatch doors that you can lock for utmost protection.
TuffBoxx designed this dustbin for apartment complexes, commercial buildings, parks, and municipal purposes. This outdoor metal trash can is bear-resistant certified. It will easily resist smaller animals, such as dogs, squirrels, and rats.
- Long-lasting and rust-preventative galvanized steel body
- The textured powder-coated body prevents weathering
- Dual front latch for easy maintenance
- Lockable double hatch doors ensure large bear claws don’t access your trash
- Two complimentary stainless steel snap hooks secure the lid, making it impenetrable by large animals
- Comes with corrosion-resistant stainless steel hinge flags for easy garbage recognition (yellow garbage, red garbage, and blue recycling)
Paris Site Furnishings Creature Cans Frog 34 Gallon Steel Trash Receptacle
What if your trash can is a frog or spider? This creative Creature Can Series by Paris Site is fun and unconventional. The vertical slat design gives this bin a cheerful aura. With a variety of options, this outdoor steel trash can introduces playfulness into waste management. The electroplating adds a brilliant sheen and smoothness to the surface. This receptacle adds color to environments like zoos, playgrounds, aquariums, and parks.
- Long-lasting steel frame
- Comes with a high-grade, 34-gallon plastic liner
- The rust-preventative polyester powder coating prevents rust and provides a smooth surface
- Choose from four friendly characters: Beaver, Frog, Spider, Octopus
Busch Systems Courtside 32 Gallon Single Stream Steel Trash Receptacle
The courtside steel trash bin is a commercial trash can that can handle crowded areas. These include local malls, convention centers, stadiums, schools, office buildings, and cafeterias. Another appeal of this trash receptacle is the powder-coated steel construction. It has a minimalist look and superior longevity to withstand high-traffic areas. The fenced-in top for receiving trays and the magnetic front door enables seamless servicing for the janitorial staff.
- Powder-coated steel construction
- Fenced-in top for receiving trays
- Magnetic front door for effortless servicing for the janitorial staff
- Includes a rigid liner equipped with handles for effortless maintenance
- Casters enable easy and effective transportation
Constructed using premium and durable materials, these garbage containers can withstand harsh elements. They have unique qualities that set them apart from average trash cans. These features include hands-free opening technology like motion and voice control. Some are animal-resistant and perfect for outdoors, while others can handle high-traffic areas.
Aesthetics is another aspect of these trash receptacles. They enhance the décor of both homes and offices and simplify waste management. An example is the tilt out trash bin design that helps improve space usage in the kitchen. Would these features enhance your daily trash management or improve your décor? Your needs will define your choice when shopping for trash receptacles. At Trash Cans Depot, you can find a wide variety of trash receptacles to fit your requirements.